Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Four Stages of Britney

Well...it's been a week since Britney Spear's 2007 Video Music Award Opening Act Performance and I'm sure most if not all of you have seen it. Man, it was a DISASTER! I can't even believe that someone who is perfectly sane would feel that was a good or even mediocre performance. For those of you who are still in disbelief I have created a process of emotions that I'm sure you felt this past week to show that you are not the only one out there feeling this way.

Stage One: Confusion

At First you are feel like what you just saw could not Possibly have happened. You say to yourself "No?! That was not Britney. No it could not have been. The former hottest performer around would never turn out a performance like that...Never!" and then you begin to become more confused once you think about all the elements of the performance (i.e. the outfit)!

Stage Two: Anger

Once you are through being confused then your erupts at Britney! "How could she come out there looking like and dancing like that! WTF is wrong with her!! She had it all and now she's ruined her entire career!" If this phrase or something like it came through your head it's OK. It went through mine as well. It's just a step of the process.

Stage Three: Sadness

Poor Britney...She's gone insane. She has seriously lost her mind and I mean this in a sad, depressed way not a sarcastic way. Images of past Britney performances start flooding your mind and you become even more depressed about how see looks and performs now. Yes, I am aware that she has had two children but she's Britney Freakin' Spears...if she wants to wear an outfit like that great but please get a trainer and a choreographer and a hairstylist. You have more money than God, you can afford it. Also what makes me sad is that there is something empty when you look at her. She needs help and fast!



Stage Four: Acceptance

Once you've had time to think, have you thought to yourself "Well She's done" or "She ruined her Comeback"? If so this is acceptance! Congratulations because this seems you are officially over the Britney incident and will always keep an open mind if she decides to get her life together but you are just over her at the moment. Anyway, Just focus all your attention to Christina Aguilera anyway we hear she's pregnant. (Let's hope I do not have to create stages for her too)!

9 comments:

Christine said...

This is so true!! I was pissed when I saw this perfomance, it was like she didnt put any effort in at all! Its crazy to see her from then to now...nice pics!

Michael said...

I know...she put no effort into it at all!! I was hoping for her sake it would be good but I knew she would flake and it would be a disaster!!

Katherine Rimola said...

Okay I know everyone has been on Britney Spear's case about her recent 2007 VMA opening act performance, although one must look at the bigger picture. I am a huge fan of Britney Spears although in the past couple of years, not so much. She married a trashy guy, had two kids and completely lost her figure, shaved her head and entered rehab! I personally was cheering her on and anticipating her come back, however after watching the performance I almost cried! I was like, WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING! Some people speculate that she was on drugs, but I believe that if she was on drugs, I think the performance would have been better. haha. Many people bashed that she was fat but she far away from fat. Yes, she didn't have the body she used to, but she is a lot skinnier then most of America. So it comes down to this for me, even though the performance was a nightmare, I still love the song GIMME MORE. And I am still anticipating a better performance and her album in November!

Michael said...

Katharine, It's good to stay positive. I hope for the best for her !! I just wish her comback was better!

Chic Chick said...

I love your take on Britney Spears. Ugh, she is such a trainwreck. I hope her kids get taken away from her. Why hasn't she disappeared yet?

TK said...

ok everyone is being so mean to Britney!! haha. The truth... she did a horrible job at the VMA's. I mean, by just looking at the pictures in your post it is CLEAR the difference btwn old Britney and whatever she is now. I allways thought she was a GREAT performer, probably one of the best of our times. I don't know about her singing, but she definitely had a talent to do great shows. She did probably some of the best performances in the VMA's in the last years.
Unfortunately it looks like she has other priorities in her life that are making her not focus on her career like she used to!
O well, I realy think after the 07 VMA's she is gone forever!

Michael said...

Haha...both your comments are funny!! I Can't say that I believe this is the last of her. I feel like she will always be around!

Bianca the Food Guru said...

Michael..I really love your Britney before and after pics. They look really clean and professional, unlike her. She's such a hot mess.

Michael said...

Haha...thanks Bianca!! She is quite the mess these days!!