Sunday, October 14, 2007

Lindsay Lohan: Post Rehab

Lindsay has been out of Rehab over a week and so far nothing has happened to her! I hope she keeps up this streak and does not relapse! Lindsay Lohan checked out of a drug and alcohol treatment program in Utah that she entered in August on Friday October 5, 2007. Lohan's visit to the Sundance-based Cirque Lodge was her third trip to rehab since January, a frenetic year in which she wrecked a Mercedes-Benz, released the box-office flop "I Know Who Killed Me" and was arrested more than once. Lohan has been prominently in the public eye since becoming a star at 11 in the Disney film "The Parent Trap." She's also appeared in "Mean Girls," "Freaky Friday," "Herbie Fully Loaded" and numerous other films. In recent years, however, she's become better known for nonstop appearances on the Hollywood nightclub scene.
Lindsay Lohan Leaving Rehab with her Father, Michael Lohan

I'm very happy for Lindsay because unlike some celebrities who went to rehab I feel like she is trying to change despite that it has taken her three tries at it. This time she has made some serious progress though. She has mended the turbulent relationship she had with her father. Lindsay has also decided to not return to New York or Los Angeles at the moment but rent a house near her treatment facility so she does not become tempted by the party scene in either city. Also Lindsay found a romance with a fellow participant, Riley Giles. They are both helping and supporting each other through their recovery. Giles and Lohan not only are deeply focused on their sobriety, but write poetry to each other and do yoga together.


Riley Giles and Lindsay Lohan after a quiet Dinner in Utah

Lindsay has a talent and I hope she hones in on her craft and perfects it and starts to once again gain attention for her talent instead of her partying. It is possible because such celebrities as Drew Barrymore and Ben Affleck went to rehab before going to rehab was cool and came out better than ever. I'm really looking forward to Lindsay's return and I hope she chooses a movie that will help propel her back to the A- List celebrity she once was.

Stay Sober!

6 comments:

Christine said...

I agree, I think she has talent and it would be nice to see her do a turn-around and become known for something other than partying and screwing up her life. I feel like she was in rehab for such a short time though, it wasnt even a month! So I dont know if she is really going to stay sober, but I hope so.

Michael said...

Lindsay was there for two months...and I hope she stays sober. Maybe a good film role will come along for her. Hopefully Hollywood will not banish her!

Chic Chick said...

No way will Lindsay stay sober. I totally saw her blow crystal meth at bungalow 8 not too long ago. I don't even think she stayed sober while in rehad. Her little jaunts to go shopping and all that, come on she totally blew coke in the dressing room. It's nice that your rooting for her I'm hoping she crashes and burns like Britney because shes quite the b*tch.

Michael said...

Haha...quite possibly the funnniest comment!! I'm not suprised by your remarks though!!

Bianca the Food Guru said...

I agree. I think she's going to be clean and sober for a short while but is going to be back in the spotlight going out with vodka poland spring bottles and doing massive lines of coke. She's one of those people that needs to be in the spotlight..and with spotlight comes temptations.. She hasn't had a hit movie since Mean Girls, which was years ago. Her only fame is for wearing amazing designer clothes and going out acting all crazy.

Michael said...

Bianca, yes you are quite right! I hope she can break that trend and get back into doing great films and be remembered for that!!